Different pain

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Different pain

Postby Suezer » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:06 pm

Good Morning!
This morning I woke up with sweat between my ribs (mid chest area) not real concerned with that, however I am noticing small "quick" pains in my lower right back. I have been urinating alot since taking Flagyl, but other than that I dont have a fever or anything.

Has anyone experienced this?

The pains are very brief and nothing horrible, but deffinately get my attention for a second.
Hoping for a cure.

JohnB
Contributor

Postby JohnB » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:24 pm

Hi Sue,

It seems like pains that come and go are quite common with C. Diff. I had them in my abdomin, in my back, both sides. And yes they can come and go within seconds. They can be anything from quick sharp pains to dull cramps. I don't think this is anything to worry about. My pains also increased right around the time I was turning around and starting to kick C. Diff's butt, if that's any consolation!

John

trob25
Regular Contributor

Postby trob25 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:53 pm

When I went off my second round of Flagyl I had abdomen, back and wrist pain for 2 weeks. Some of the abdomen pain was terrible and it rotated from upper left, to lower left, then to the right on both sides. It went away after about 2 weeks after the medicine.

Also, the flagyl made me urinate a lot for some reason and I even had some pain after urination, leading me to think I had a kidney infection, but that went away after a few days also.

Flagyl and C-Diff cause crazy things to happen to your body. If they persist for a while or get worse, I'd have it checked out, but be aware that it could just be "typical" reactions.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:35 am

It's been almost a year for me and the pain has gotten much better. I still have, on occasion, lower back pain, abdominal pain, pain under my ribs, pain during/after urinating. The painful urination in my case is irritable bladder that has been caused by IBS. It spasms just like the bowel.

Hope all this clears up for you soon and you start to feel better!

Karen

Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Just a question

Postby Suezer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:04 pm

My short term memory is the equivalent of a pile of mashed potatos, coming off of my 2nd round of Flagyl (finished Sat. evening)

(So far I am doing ok, but it's only been 2 days. I have cramping here and there, mostly with BM,but it passes/comes and goes)

I should write this stuff down, but I cant remember if I took a Culturelle this morning ! What is the most you can take of these? Do I take one anyway, or perhaps wait a few hours and then do so? AGH! haha I will for sure start writing this down!
Any suggestions?
Hoping for a cure.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:20 pm

I wrote all my pills down during cdiff. It is a pain but helps to keep track. Otherwise I never could have remembered them all. About Culturelle, I took 4/day, so I'd guess that you could take extras without problems. We're all different, though.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”