going home to do the pulse dosing

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
sissybug
New User

going home to do the pulse dosing

Postby sissybug » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:16 pm

Hey all, I get to go home from the hospital tomorrow (yeah)! The doctor that I see here in the hospital is going to let me do the pulse dosing over a three month period, and said that if it does not work, to come back to him and we would go from there! It feels really good when you have a doctor that not only understands cdiff, but also understands that when all else has failed that we need to try something different, even if the patient was the one that found the information on the treatment. He is really interested in what I have told him about the support group, and said he was going to check it out! Well that is one more doc here in Indiana to get more envolved with this crazy infection! I will keep ya all posted on how this goes, I am really excited to try it! Thanks to the ones that put it out here for the rest of us. Also thanks to all for the support and information!
sissybug

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:25 pm

sissybug,
Pulsing helped several on this site to overcome C. diff. See more info. on it in FAQ-Pulsing & Treatments.

Glad you found a doc. who cares & is willing to work with you. Many docs. have looked at this site -- which is why is to best to post TMI in TMI & try to keep the site professional as possible.

Good luck. You will overcome this, but it sometimes requires time and patience.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:11 pm

So glad to hear you're going home, Sissybug and that you've found a very helpful doctor! I'm hoping the pulsing does the trick for you!

Wishing you well,

Karen

sks001
Regular Contributor

Postby sks001 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:10 am

Glad you found a good, knowledgeable doctor, and you're getting out of hospital and all the germs there.

Good that the hospital let you have a laptop - many don't. Did you have Wi-Fi or have to disconnect the phone in your room to use dial-up?

When I was in the hospiital many times, some as long as 9 days, I had wished I had a laptop rather than a desktop as missed being connected and wished I could google meds I was being given.
Sandy
Southeast Michigan

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away".

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”