ended vanco 2 days ago

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
sissybug
New User

ended vanco 2 days ago

Postby sissybug » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:20 pm

Hello all, I have been without internet for several days now, and have been dying to post! I have been off vanco for two days, and am doing okay. Sundays and Monday I was sick to my stomach really bad, but no "D"! I did not go back to work until friday of last week, and have been bleaching my bathroom to no end! I am still on the florastor and the cholestyramine for the next two weeks, so I guess I will have to wait and see! I want to thank everyone that has responded to me, it has lifted my spirits and was very helpful! Thanks once again!
sissybug

sissybug
New User

it's back with a vengence

Postby sissybug » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:12 pm

Well, the last time I posted, I was feeling great, well eight days off vanco, and I am back in the hospital with it 10 times worse than the other times. This time I have been real nauseated and have actually regirgitated. They have me on iv fluids due to dehydration, vanco and that is about it. I tried to eat today at lunch, but it hurt so bad that I could not handle it! I know that as with everything, this shall pass too, but I wish it would get in a hurry!
sissybug

cjforrest
New User

Postby cjforrest » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:01 pm

Sissybug, I'm so sorry you've relapsed. I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better. I'm experiencing a relapse at this time as well. If one more person tells me to "think positive" when I'm scared out of my mind I think I'll blow a gasket. They have no idea what this is like and when you're in the midst of it all you can feel is fear and discouragement. Please know that I DO understand and I'm praying for you. We are not alone, and we have to believe (somehow) that there will be an end to this. I hope you're feeling better soon, and that you fully recover this time. Take care -- you're in my thoughts and prayers.
CJ

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:17 pm

Sissybug, I'm really sorry to hear you're so sick and in the hospital. We have all experienced this illness (some worse than others), but even a mild case is frightening. I know you must be discouraged and scared. Just know that here on this site there are so many who have been through this and come out on top eventually. We do understand the pain (emotional and physical) you're going through. I hope you have loved ones and friends who are helping you...you need their support! You've definitely got it here.

I'm keeping you in my prayers. Please let us know how you are doing! We care :-)

Wishing you well,

Karen

sissybug
New User

still in the hospital

Postby sissybug » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:01 pm

I want to thank all of you for the support, and encouragement. I finally got to see a hospialist today, and I was telling him about what I have read, and he thinks that if I want to do the pulsing or the tapering that it would be okay with him. I finally feel like someone is actually listening to me rather than hearing me! I feel somewhat better today, and have eaten some, so I guess I get to watch wait and see. Thanks to everyone!
sissybug

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”