Question about probiotic enemas and receipt.Please help.

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
popo
New User

Question about probiotic enemas and receipt.Please help.

Postby popo » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi to all!

Can anyone tell me more about probiotic enemas.
I am planning to give it a try with vsl 3. But how much water do I need?
Should I take Natrium Chloride, or is boiled water ok?
Is one package of vsl 3 enough?
How long should I keep the enema inside.
Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

popo

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:56 pm

You are asking for medical advice -- we don't give it.

I hope you are doing this with your doc.'s consent. Ask him/her your questions.

This subject might be covered under Treatments or FAQ-Probiotics or Infusions but am not sure. Also, check Case Histories.

We do not endorse this method if you are doing it yourself. There is a danger of perforating your colon. Again, check with your doc.

Bry

Postby Bry » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:59 pm

If you've seen by previous posts about probiotic enemas you know CVS sells them for about $3.00. Just dump out the contents, fill with probiotic, use as according to the box instructions.

I'm not a Dr. and I would say ask your doctor.

This is how i plan to make the probiotc suspension that will squirt through the enema neck.

Take fresh quart of milk and add your probiotics. Let stand in warm water near body temperature for 12 hrs. or until thicker. Use the fresh, actively growing warm probiotc to fill your rinsed enema bottle i.e. plan to grow your probiotics such that it reaches its rapid bloom right when you can do your enema.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:07 am

Enough time spent on this topic. It's closed.

If you want to take a chance on this treatment, do it but don't hold this site responsible. I am aware of how desperate C. diff. can make one feel, but do check out "cures."

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”