Apple Cidar Vinegar! Please help...

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
mommy2maddi
Regular User

Apple Cidar Vinegar! Please help...

Postby mommy2maddi » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:37 am

Hello Everyone,

I am a constant sinus infection sufferer since getting pregnant with my son last fall. I did two rounds of Augmentin for a horrible sinus infection/ ear infection last spring which led to my CDIFF. Since then I took a zpak in August, one in October, and then just finished the last one on Friday... Scary stuff but it ends up going into bronchitis and I get VERY sick! So a friend of mine told me about Apple cidar vinegar as a treatment for sinus infections and colds at the onset. I am getting sick (yes I know after just finishing a zpak) so I took some this morning and can already breathe! My question is that I have not been able to find any literature about how this effects people with a history of CDIFF. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cole

Mommy to Maddi 1/3/06
Mommy to Jack 7/7/08

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:18 pm

mommy2maddi,
I had sinus infections for years until I had endoscopic sinus surgery. It was a Godsend. I stilll do saline irrigation twice a day -- more often if I have a resp. infection. Most ENT's (& even primary care docs.) are suggesting this now.

See FAQ-Infections- Resp., Sinus, Ear, Bronchitis, Strep, Misc. for "tips" on home care.

I've never heard (or seen on this site) any mention of vinegar "curing" anything.

I'd see an ENT for a complete exam & mention the vinegar to him/her. Or run this by your primary care doc.

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:46 pm

saline irrigation at least once a day pref in the am or before bed is the BOMB! Also at the onset of a sore throat POW I take and let dilute a small teaspoon of Manuka Honey and wahla! :) I have not had a sinus infection or cold (knock on wood ) for almost a year and a half!!! At 47 i was good for at least two a year my entire life! I guess the dan active and activia and kefir i do a little probably hheklps as well! I smoke less than a pack a day too!

sks001
Regular Contributor

Postby sks001 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:31 am

mommy2maddi,

I don't believe there's any info on this site about apple cider vinegar as it relates to people after having C-Diff. I would surmise that it would depend on whether your stomach can handle the acidity.

There's a wealth of info on the web if you Google it as it is recommended for so many problems, like heatburn, etc. I do know it must be the raw, unfiltered organic Apple Cider Vinegar with the "Mother." Common brand is made by Bragg and readily available in most grocery stores or health food stores. Believe most web sites say to mix it with honey. I've even seen it recommended on some major hospital web sites.

I have a 72 year old diabetic neighbor that swears by it for everything. Takes a couple tablespoons a day. He's never sick, goes to doctor once a year, bowls 5 days a week, and has so much energy and is always on the go, and helping other people.
Sandy
Southeast Michigan

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away".

gith
New User

Postby gith » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:22 am

Hello,

I've been reading on this site about how c-diff does not like an acid environment. Has anyone tried a vinegar enema?

gith
New User

Postby gith » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Roy,

I understand your concern. I'm only just asking and searching for answers.

And feel that the doctor(s) are experimenting: flagyl>vanco>flagyl+vanco>vanco+xifaxin>vanco+cipro then bactrim.

Meanwhile, my mother has had enough and wants to pull the plug on life altogether. Before c-diff, she was the smart, go-to person for bridge in her independent living community. The quality in her life has vanished.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”