11 days post infusion

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
gypsylady100
New User

11 days post infusion

Postby gypsylady100 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:33 pm

So far so good. I just wanted to let you all know that it has been 11 days post NG infusion and I feel great. I did have a scare and a really bad day on day 4. I thought the whole thing was a waste of time and I was so depressed but then, I have been great ever since. I am wondering if my body purged it all out of my system. That is what it felt like....a full body purge. As of today, day 11, I only had the one bad day and I have been completely normal in my BMs and my overall well being ever since. No IBS at all. I am just taking it one day at a time but I am hopeful. I eat a homemade yogurt everyday. Merry Christmas to all and my prayers are with everyone suffering from this. Thanks to all of you whom have responded to all my concerns and questions. You have all been so helpful you have no idea!!!

whitepine
Regular Contributor

Postby whitepine » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:10 pm

Thanks for posting your great news! This is so encouraging! How was the NG tube procedure? I am thinking about doing it soon and would like to know what to expect. Did you stop all antibiotics the day before, and were you on Vanco etc. ? thanks

gypsylady100
New User

Postby gypsylady100 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:11 pm

Hi Whitepine. The procedure wasn't bad at all. It was NOTHING compared to dealing with c diff. I was on vanco until the day of the procedure. The entire process from beginning to end took about 3 hours and then it was done. I have not taken an antibiotic since. I had tried tapering vanco before resorting to the infusion but I never felt like the c diff was gone. And whenever I tapered down, the D always worsened and I was always having to worry about that every day. If I didn't try the infusion, I was going to try the pulse dosing of vanco instead of the tapering. It makes more sense to me to keep the dose high and to change when you take the high dose instead of taper down to low doses. But then, when I started reading about the infusion, I just decided to go for it. I am glad I did now. I feel great. I still have little panic attacks and worry every morning but then I am reassured that everything is normal and I relax. I don't know how long it will be before I am not paranoid about the c diff. What a horrible experience that was! I worry about ever having to take antibiotics again but I would do the infusion again in a heartbeat if I ever had to. Good luck to you. Happy New Year.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:03 pm

gyspy lady,
Glad the procedure went well. Hope it is your "cure."

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:56 pm

gypsylady...I am THRILLED for you and hope you are continuing to do well! Please let us know how things go!

Wishing you the best...Karen

kcarlton
New User

Postby kcarlton » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:07 am

What is the NG procedure?
Thx,
Kristina

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”