azithromycin

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
feelinghopeful
Regular Contributor

Postby feelinghopeful » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:25 pm

Hi KIt!

He got better just from the other drugs - WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And thank you so much for asking. I'm trying to find a way out of this C-Diff loop and having my boyfriend get C-Diff would definitely not make me feel hopeful.

I hope your grandson remains MRSA free FOREVER.

FH

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:50 pm

Thank you, FH and I'm so glad to hear your boyfriend got better w/o the ABs. Vike, thanks also to you...I will search for Manuka Honey on here.

Karen

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:04 pm

you have to google Manuka hney and can only be found ordered from NZ online I beoieve!

feelinghopeful
Regular Contributor

Postby feelinghopeful » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:46 pm

Hello again klt,

I was doing research on garlic and C-Diff because I ate a ton of garlic in some broccoli rabe my mom made and it made me sick as a dog. For one, my stomach felt like I'd swallowed burning coal and the effects have traveled into the intestines and into this night, too. I've had bad reactions to cloves of garlic before so should have known. My mom doesn't really brown the cloves, just throws them in (she's kind of a lazy cook - shouldn't complain, though) but I love garlic and forget that it bothers me because I rarely eat it like that or in that quantity - who does. Anyway, I was thinking that because garlic gets turned into an alkaline ash in the intestines it might and logically should be bad for C-Diff sufferers, if you think about it. C-Diff likes alkaline, hates acid - hmmm. Also, it shifts the bacteria, exactly how I haven't gotten to the bottom of yet. Just wish I hadn't eaten about six whole cloves of the stuff. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be okay but what pain! I had to lie on my stomach for hours last night just to stand it. Of course kefir helped. My boyfriend who should now be a rep for Lifeway said, "try kefir" and voila! But I'm still having lingering effects.

Now, how do you come into this, I came upon this link doing the garlic search. Just like the honey, I'm sure you've seen this, too, but you never know. I realize your grandson has been great but you can never be armed with too much information when it comes to something like this:

http://www.celsias.com/article/mrsa-sup ... ng-garlic/

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:49 pm

FH, I'm so sorry you're suffering from the garlic. I know that type of pain is horrible! I hope you feel better with each day!

Thanks for that article! My grandson has Sensory Perception Disorder (affects many people differently). In his case, at the time he should have started eating meat in his baby food, he refused it. He's never had a hot dog, hamburger, turkey, etc. He will eat chicken occasionally. The textures of some foods just makes him gag; he can swallow it, he just doesn't like it. Getting him to eat garlic would be almost impossible, as he doesn't even like cake. I think this is even more reason he should be on a probiotic daily; I know his digestive health can't be good, as he is very picky.

Lord, I HATE THESE SUPERBUGS! We even asked the Duke Infectious Disease doctor about milk for fear of the antibiotics in it. She said it probably wouldn't change things much unless everybody started eating/drinking organic. I've tried to get my daughter to get the organic for him, but she won't. It was hard enough getting her to give him the Culturelle :-( If only she could be in my shoes; she'd never want her child to get C Diff. It's one of my biggest fears for him. Can't give him honey, either, b/c my daughter is afraid to. BUT, I can put the honey on the bites :-) Who knows, mix a little garlic in it too.

Thanks again very much. You've been so helpful to me and many others here.

Feel better...Karen

trob25
Regular Contributor

Postby trob25 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:09 am

This is weird because I've been taking Garlique when I've had IBS flare ups and it seems to cure them like magic, literally things go back to solid in one day.

Of course, my heart has pain when I take it, so that freaks me out.

trob25
Regular Contributor

Postby trob25 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:14 am

btw, perhaps the pills operate differently from the actual garlic cloves?

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”