feeling better...

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
needhelp
Regular User

feeling better...

Postby needhelp » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:17 pm

I just want to thank everyone who responded to my plea for answers. I have been cdiff free for 55 days but have had what appears to be post IBS type symptoms for the whole time. I started feeling very sick a week ago and the D started on Tuesday morning. It ended up lasting for 2 days and then it just stopped, I felt better and started eating a little again. I feel like the little girl who cried wolf, but that's what this disease has done to me, I get paranoid. For now, I have learned that I might get D and it might not be cdiff - 3 day rule from now on! Your suggestions were so helpful to me.

I do have an HMO and am between a rock and a hard place regarding my primary NP. She is useless - she had told me to bring a stool sample to her office on Wed. if it would make me happy. The problem with that - it would have sat there in her office all day before a courier picks it up and then goes around to all the satelite offices and it finally gets to the hospital (30 miles away) that evening. I know from reading this site that there's a 3 hour window from the time it goes from the bathroom to the lab or the toxins will die. She has no clue about c diff or how to test for it. I had resolved to go to the ER but ended up feeling better so I am thankful for that. I am also so thankful to all of you. I learn more every time I visit this site and it's very helpful to hear your stories. So, thank you! I have also learned that it's imperative that I find a good M.D. to take the place of my primary NP!
"needhelp"

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:00 pm

Don't worry needhelp this disease will do that to you make you think you are getting it back. Don't worry there may be more false alarms. It's just something that happens to most of us we are paranoid of getting it back. My doctor and the lab I went to always freeze my sample and they always wait a couple days to make sure the bacteria has time to grow, so they can get an accurate reading that it how they explained it to me anyway. I have always had positive tests when I had my c-diff too. Glad you are feeling better too and it wasn't c-diff.

gypsylady100
New User

Postby gypsylady100 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:33 pm

I know how you feel needhelp. I feel like my life is on hold until I can get rid of this. I have been on medication for two months now and I feel better but the yellow color is always there....I am so afraid to be medicine free. I guess all we can do is to go through the sequence of trials. Maybe your doctor can refer you to a GI doctor. I think they have a better clue as to what this c diff is all about. My husband works at a surgery center and was talking to the docs there and NONE of them knew anything about fecal infusions and one of the doctors had a patient die from c diff a month ago. He looked shocked when my husband told him about some of the information we have learned since I have had this disease. I really think you have to be proactive with your doctors because we are all only human and there is a lot of new information to be learned about what works for treatments.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”