Annyone with C. Diff w/ constipation?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
iluvmydogs
Regular User

Annyone with C. Diff w/ constipation?

Postby iluvmydogs » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:37 am

Anyone out there that has had or has C. Diff w/ constipation instead of diarrhea, can you send me a message? I can't find a lot of info about c. diff w/ constipation and I'd really like to know what you experienced.
Thanks
"Friends don't let friends take Flouroquninolones"

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:57 pm

In my other post I forgot to tell you that you might try metamucil if your doctor is in agreement to line your system out. It might just be severe IBS which would certainly be better than cdiff! The metamucil will definitely get you to going regularly. My oldest daughter swears by FiberOne Yogurt.
Cindy

bpagan
New User

Postby bpagan » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:21 am

I have had problems with constipation as well and resorted to Metamucil which helped. Recently, after a BM, I still feel as though I am not finished and that I may have urgency and D. I don't have it but it sure feels like I will. It is a dull constant ache in my gut.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:55 am

I became severely constipated after my very first dose of vanco. It stayed that way for a long time. I used suppositories and milk of magnesia (the latter gave me stomach cramps, so no more of that). I also walked a lot and drank plenty of water. Couldn't tolerate Metamucil. Made me nauseous. I've found Activia yogurt once/twice a day keeps me regular. Other brands do not and I become constipated again. I hope this has helped!

mm22
New User

perhaps normal

Postby mm22 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:58 am

I myself had the same problem after starting Flagyl. At first I was having terrible D and after 2 days on Flagyl it suddenly stopped. Of course I was really happy, but I still felt awful and after 36 hours I had not had a single BM, which was strange considering I went straight from going every 10 minutes to not at all. It took me a couple days to start having regular BMs again, which I think may be normal because c diff messes up your insides so bad that they just can't function the way that they used to. But, on the other hand, if it continues to be a problem I would suggest asking your doctor what to do.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”