Anyone used Align Probiotic?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
sks001
Regular Contributor

Anyone used Align Probiotic?

Postby sks001 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:22 am

Hi All -

Went to Gastro today about this darn unrelenting 24/7 nausea that's been going on since March 2007 when contracted first C-Diff.

One of the things he asked was if I was using a probiotic. Told him I had used Florastor and Culturelle during active C-Diff and for a month after. Told him I had been using Primadophilus Reuteri for awhile as had been recommended on support site by a few people that it helped them get their appetite back and start putting back on the weight they had lost, but has not helped me at all.

He gave me two 7-day sample packs of Align to try (made by Proctor & Gamble). Only thing it has is Bifidobacterium infantis 35624 (Bifantis®).

I'm always leery of samples as Pharmaceutical Reps come in hawking the greatness of their products and most docs most likely take them at their word and don't research them.

To me it sounds like it might be more helpful for people with IBS, etc. from what I read on website that says "Builds and maintains a natural defense against occasional constipation, diarrhea, urgency, gas and bloating."

[url]htttp://www.AlignGI.com[url]

Anyways, just wondering if anyone else has used it and did it work or what were your results.
Sandy
Southeast Michigan

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away".

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:16 am

I tried it for a couple weeks but made me sick.

falco22
Contributor

Align

Postby falco22 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:58 pm

I tried Align the first 10 days i had no problems then once it build up I have severe D for 3 days I thought The c Diff was coming back. i stop using and was then fine. But i have alot of friends that use it with no problems we are all different so whos knows

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”