back again???

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Loraseery
New User

back again???

Postby Loraseery » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:01 pm

I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of c. diff. coming back after 6 months without being on any kind of antibiotic. I had two clear stool tests last feb. but started to feel the symptoms again 2 weeks ago. I just went to dr. yesterday and asked to get checked again. I am freaking out this might be back!!!

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:54 pm

It is rare, but I have heard of a few cases where folks got cdiff again after a long time, without antibiotics. I think that sometimes an infection can trigger it, or stress, or even chemotherapy. One person had surgery, without antibiotics, and cdiff returned. I have my fingers crossed for you that it's not back. Let us know how it goes.

Loraseery
New User

Postby Loraseery » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:54 pm

Well, I just found out that my test came back negative. I am so happy! Now the Dr. gave me Levsin because of the IBS and it seems to have helped.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:46 pm

Everyone will remain fearful for the rest of their lives after cdiff- that it will return. Horrible but true.
Cindy

iluvmydogs
Regular User

Postby iluvmydogs » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:05 pm

I am glad to hear you tested negative. What a relief that must be.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”