constipation and laxatives

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
falco22
Contributor

constipation and laxatives

Postby falco22 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:20 pm

I no longer have c diff thank god , but i have IBS and most of the time i am consitpated. I would like to try Milk of magnesia . do you think by using it It could mess me up again? I have tried all the fiber stuff for weeks it does nothing for me but give me a noisy stomach. Anyone use a laxative after c diff?

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:41 pm

I have never used laxative's for my IBS. I have seemed to be a little more on the consitpated side here in the last few months but, have not wanted to go to the extream of taken a laxative. I am NOT saying I recomend it but, if you think that it would make you feel better, my opinion is to talk to your Dr and see what he/she thinks.

Sorry I couldnt be more of a help to you.
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:30 pm

falco,
Check with your doc. This is a medical question -- we don't give medical advice.

falco22
Contributor

laxatives

Postby falco22 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:31 am

Oh I understand we dont give medical advice I just wanted to find out if anyone has used a laxative since C diff and what the effect was. My doc wants me to start taking fiber even though I told him it doesnt work?

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”