flagyl

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Jodie
Regular Contributor

flagyl

Postby Jodie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:36 pm

For those of you who have or had been on long term flagyl, please tell me how long and how many rounds? I am so sick of this med I can't take it anymore. Just curious if anyone has been on it as long as me.

Thanks,

Jodie

PS Haven't been around in a while, 6 1/2 months preggie, 39 years old. just had bladder and kidney surgery (huge stones that are still in there even after surgery), have had 6 back teeth root canaled and then pulled in the past 5 months (all infected), have been on every antibiotic known to man within in the past few months especially the ones that cause c-diff along with the flagyl and just need some support from long term flagyl users.

Thanks,

Jodie

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:13 am

Jodie,
Whew, you've been through a lot. Congratulations on your pregnancy! That's exciting! Let us know how it goes.

I haven't been on long-term Flagyl, but I had it twice, once alone and once with vanco. The second time it made me so sick that I think I can't take it any more. Why are you on Flagyl and not vanco?

Jodie
Regular Contributor

Postby Jodie » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:09 pm

The flagyl covers more infections (especially dental) so it was a better choice for the time being. The side effects are driving me crazy that I go for days without taking it. Feel like I will never get over this. What 2 1/2 years now? Lost count of how long I've had this dreadful disease (or whatever!!!)

Jodie

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:54 pm

Jodie:

If it weren't for bad luck...sounds like you'd be without.

If it was me, Id' be asking the Doctor why after many months of treatment with no results, why they haven't changed to something a little stronger, and possibly a more agressive aproach. If he doesn't have a reason, then I'd go shopping for a new MD. Remember it's your body.

Fire

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”