Recurrence?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Woman51960
Contributor

Im Back Again

Postby Woman51960 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:22 am

Think cdiff is recurring again 4 me...I just started some new medications, SIMVASTATIN and LINSINPORIL which I think has brought back all my cdiff symptoms again. YUCK! I cant remember on this site where to go to look at the medications that have been known causes of cdiff...I need to check out these med's...HELP!

For myself I seemed to get better once I stopped taking all prescriptions...Whenever I start a new prescription the symptoms reappear again...How strange is this?

Hopefully I haven't done too much damage...I've been on the meds for about 2 weeks and just stopped taking them again yesterday as I had to literally cut my rings off because my hands were swelling so bad again...

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:47 am

Woman,
See the FAQ section under Antibiotics Most Likely to Cause Cdiff for a list of meds that are more or less likely to give us problems. Roy is absolutely right that you need to check with your doc before stopping these or any meds.

falco22
Contributor

Postby falco22 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:07 pm

Linsinpril is for high blood pressure you need to check with your doctor . My mom and dad have been on it for 5 years never had c diff. its mainly antibiotics you need to talk to your doc. Dont assume anything

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:38 pm

Woman- Ever since I acquired cdiff ANYTIME I introduce any new meds or foods to my system I have problems which make me think I am relapsing until which time my system adapts. It could just be taking time for your body to adjust. Did you mean Lisinopril? blood pressure med? I was on that one first and could not take it.
Cindy

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”