Have a UTI help!

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
mommy2maddi
Regular User

Have a UTI help!

Postby mommy2maddi » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:25 am

So,

I got CDIFF from taking Augmentin in April (two rounds) while pregnant. After one round of Flagyl I have been great. I had a baby one week ago and have developed a UTI with a fever. My doctor wants to put me on Macrodantin (Macrobid) and I was wondering if anyone had luck on this or recurrence? So scared since I dodged so many antibiotics in the hospital. Also, wondering if I can catch CDiff from the hospital visit even if I stayed in my room. Thanks!

Nicole
Mommy to Maddi 1/3/06
Jack 7/7/08

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:36 am

From my knowledge Macrobid is a quality AB in which directly goes to work on the UT and it is not a big offender at all but make sure you check very thoroughly!?

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:49 am

Congratulations on your new baby! Sex? Name? Weight? Hair? Other info? How is he/she doing?

Several folks here have taken Macrobid after cdiff without problems. As TheVike says, it's supposed to be one of the safer ones. See the FAQ section for more about UTI's. There is info about cranberry treatments too.

About your hospital room, you don't know who was in it before you, or how well it was cleaned. Cdiff spores can survive on surfaces for a long time if cleaning isn't thorough. Good luck.

mommy2maddi
Regular User

Postby mommy2maddi » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:01 pm

thanks! He is my little angel! I was sooo excited because I had a "normal" birth this time instead of a c-section and was able to avoid antibiotics. I went this morning and they did a urine test to confirm I have a nasty UTI from the catheder they used while in labor. I am on macrobid. I so hope I do not end up with CDIFF again!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”