abdonminal cramping/pain question?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:26 pm

Hey Gent,
ya kinda sounds like it could be the same thing as what the docs pointed out to me.
As for my ongoing battle with IBS - well I just don't know whats coming day to day which is the most frustrating part. When I'm feeling really good I try to introduce new foods but that has not been so successful. I still get lots of urgency and multiple trips to the bathroom on any given day. I'm on two things used for IBS one is a fibre supplement like metamusil to help bulk things up. The therory behind this is to act a a bulking agent therefore relaxing the walls of the colon and moving things through at a slower pace and not allowing it to be so spastic and out of control. I also take a very low dose of a anti-depressant at bedtime that is also used to relax the gi tract and often used in IBS. I remain on florastor and a multi bacteria probiotic and have just cut back this week to see if that might help at all.
I don't have much grumbling, gas or bloating but then again I eat no fried foods or fresh fruits and veggies. Everything is cooked and I eat most of my fruits in smoothies. I do get cramping, something I've never had in my life so I find it overwhelming at times. I'm really hopefully that things will get better over time because watching everyone else eat whatever they please is tough but.....it could be a lot worse. I'd love to enjoy a cup of coffee in the mornings, tried it twice using weak decaf and it still resulted in an attacks ughhhhhh. It seems every posting I've read has indicated their IBS has gotten better and that is what helps me get through this.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”