where to buy saccharomyces boulardii

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
AmyO
New User

where to buy saccharomyces boulardii

Postby AmyO » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:34 pm

Hello! I am new to the board, and have been fighting a c-diff infection for 2 months. I have tried many things, but nothing is working to resolve my symptoms. I live in the Kansas City area and was wondering if anyone knows where to purchase the florastor product? or if there is an alternative product containing the correct yeast? All input if appreciated!

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:50 pm

Hi Amy,

Welcome to the site! You are going to find alot of good info and your going to get lots of support here. We have all been there and we know what your going through. Are you currently on Flagyl or Vanco?

I googled and found saccharomyces boulardii on Amazon.com here is the link:

Saccharomyces Boulardii - 90 - Capsule
http://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Saccharomy ... B00028O1L4

You could probably also buy it at GNC or VitaminShop. I buy lots of stuff off Amazon.com and find I get it cheeper online.

Hope this helps! :o)
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:20 pm

I got it online from Newton-Timmermann Pharmacy. You could compare prices with Amazon.com and see which is cheaper.

carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:02 pm

I just contacted the pharmacy and they ordered it in for me, also I had contacted costco and they could order it in also. Phone around as they just had to special order it in for me but did so without any hesitation.

MaryT
Regular Contributor

Postby MaryT » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:05 pm

I believe BJ's Wholesale carries it, but don't know what the cost is. Jarrow also makes an S. Broullardi product....you can try their website.

whitepine
Regular Contributor

Postby whitepine » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:19 pm

I get mine thru Newtown Timmerman pharmacy as well! Discounted a little. :)

marscan
Regular Contributor

Postby marscan » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:54 am

ditto on Newton-Timmermann online. Cheapest I found with free, very fast shipping. Good luck to you.
"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac....."

junbug1029
New User

Postby junbug1029 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:53 am

Hi,
I bought mine from our local health food store. Good luck!!

AmyO
New User

Thanks for all the good suggestions!

Postby AmyO » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:11 pm

I have been very sick, but was able to find some at Whole Foods, the Jarrow brand. I will look up these other sources tho for my next batch. Someone asked if I am on flagyl or vanco. After two courses of flagyl failed, I was then switched to vanco. I have now been on that for 32 days, and am now pulsing off, hoping for success. I am scared! The vanco is not tolerated very well by my body, so it's hard to tell how I'm really feeling. Thanks for the encouragement, I really need that.

Amy

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”