More Questions

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Zoe
New User

More Questions

Postby Zoe » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:13 pm

Hi All,
Well the Xifaxan didn't work. I was only off of it for 1 day before I started having mucous again-ARGH!!!!!!!! My GI doc now is wanting to do a colonoscopy (spell?)----My question about this is, What good is a colonoscopy going to do?? They already know I have c-diff. I am just really scared about it. And I am also getting really scared because this infection isn't going away, my nerves are shot and I know it probably isn't helping my stomach any.

My second question is a stupid one, haha. Well my husband does tattoo's and I really really want this certain tattoo, but he doesn't think I should get the tattoo until I get better. What are your thoughts on that? He is worried about the toxins from the c-diff causing an infection or something (I didn't even know he knew anything about c-diff having toxins,haha)

I am just so dang tired of being sick, I just want to be better so I can do the things I want to do, sometimes I feel like I am never going to get better. I don't know if it taking so long to get over it because I had it for so long before being diagnosed....I don't know, this just stinks all the way around!!! :(

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:08 am

Zoe:

C-diff is at best very difficult to understand. It wears so many different faces. Nobody reacts the same way to it. As for your question on the scope, it's really no big deal. The prep is worse than the proceedure. It's the only way your Doctor can truely see what's going on in your colon and help to ensure a correct diagnosis. As for the tatoo issue, C-diff is spread by fecal matter and the spores from the matter. It's all around us in the ground as well as in many folks who never develope the disease. In my opinion the inks shouldn't pose a very likey threat. I didn't havae any problems. I'd just be a little more careful about good hygiene and go on with life. Remember that C-diff can only control your life if you let it. It's like a rollercoaster ride with up's and downs. The only thing is you have no idea when it's going to stop...Hang in there.

Fire

Zoe
New User

Postby Zoe » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:43 am

Thanks Fire, I tell you what sometimes this disease gets me so down I can hardly stand to be around myself! I appreciate your positive feedback, you made me feel a lot better, thanks so much. I really don't know what I would do without this site!!!

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:39 am

Is the mucus bad?? Cause i havent had cdiff in a couple years but I occaisinally get mucus. Not so much anymore but for the first year for sure. On the tattoo. I got one while I was still on Vanco.(across the bottom of my lower back and it hurt lke H---!) I dont think itll hurt anything to get one done. Good luck.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:43 am

Hi Zoe. I know how it feels to be so depressed and anxious during C Diff and not even wanting to be around yourself. When I was sick with it, I was more depressed than I've ever been in my life, and I never thought I'd get better. It took 4 months after I ended my vanco before I felt like a human being again. It will end and you WILL get better...it just takes time, and sometimes longer than we like. Hang in there, and my prayers and thoughts are with you! I actually went on an antidepressant during the C Diff and it helped. You may want to check w/your doc about this, or at least something for anxiety. Take care...Karen

ohleary
New User

Postby ohleary » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:01 pm

Hi Zoe,

A return of mucus alone shouldn't send you into a tailspin. Mucus in small amounts is normal even in healthy people, though in that case you wouldn't notice it. Mucus is a side effect of IBS too.

I wouldn't be concerned unless you get the full blown list of symptoms again, cramping, loose stool, mucus, maybe a little blood. We all know our own bodies though. I think after rounds of antibiotics we can get to a point where the c.diff is at a low enough level that our body can contend with it until our natural flora is built back up. During that time, we go through a few good days, then a few bad, then improve for a few, etc. I myself have had a round of flagyl, then vanco, and have had recurring symptoms. But I think its possible I may be handling it this time, like treading water. I just took another culture today, secretly (not anymore) I hope it comes back negative. I want to try making it work on florastor and the probiotics, letting my body take care of the c.diff while I build back my natural flora.

Get the tattoo!

rnee1974
New User

Postby rnee1974 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:50 pm

I just got a tattoo on my foot and have/had c dif and everything was fine.It`s on my foot so the healing is longer but nothing to do with the c dif I`m sure:)

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”