help requested

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
marscan
Regular Contributor

Postby marscan » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:13 pm

Hi Amy...I just wanted to share something that really helped me during my "stages" of C Diff. I latched on to the other folks on the site that were at or near the stage of healing I was in - called em my countdown buddies. We kept in touch via message and they will never know how much they helped me get thru this. Also, its extremely reassuring to know that you have many of the same concerns and symptoms as your buddies.

Just a suggestion that helped me thru the ordeal - and I'll be forever grateful to my "countdown" pals. Hope you feel better soon.
"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac....."

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:47 pm

Hi AmyO. Marscan had a great idea about finding others who are at the same stage you are. Please know that you can come to this site and share your fears and concerns with us. The first month I had C Diff, I just couldn't concentrate/focus, and just reading through all the material here was a job. I was mentally confused...I would literally get lost in a grocery store I'd been in many times, and I was exhausted. I didn't have a husband with MS, either, on top of having C Diff. I know things must be difficult for you. I know the Administrators/Moderators are busy, but there are other people here who will try to help you with any questions you have, also.

Feel free to PM me anytime...Karen

gm37
Long Time Contributor

Postby gm37 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:16 pm

Amy,
The dr. admitted me to the hospital on Friday and I stayed until Saturday evening. I had some good talks with the dr. and hope that I understand a bit better about where we are going with this. He was very encouraging about that fact that this will go away with time and effort.
One of the best things that happened was meeting my night nurse. She had c-diff last year. She spend a lot of time talking to me about her treatment and her struggle. It took her about 6 months to get it under control. It was reassuring that she had many of the problems that I have. But she BEAT it. She even continued to work nights while she was recovering. What a woman.
Anyway, Amy, my point is: This thing is a roller coaster ride. Up and down and scary. But it ends. I can't wait until we can both step out of the roller coater and move our lives away from it.
Good luck. Keep those prayers coming.
Anne

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:02 pm

AmyO,
Don't worry about it. We all are "needy" when we have C. diff. You must feel overwhelmed with all you have in your life.

I wish we had more mods. to help with the site, so we could give everyone more personal reassurance, but we don't. Pls. do keep posting, however. We do care.

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:40 pm

amy,
c diff is a scary and lonely disease.. it has many emotions that go along with it.. I know it is hard but keep a positive mind and do what you can to get out of the house and try hard to be active.. it iwll go away.. it will do it when it wants to.... you'll have many ups and downs just stay positive... it DOES GO AWAY!!!!!!

AmyO
New User

Postby AmyO » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:25 pm

Thank you all very much, it helps a tremendous amount to have the emotional support. especially the part that keeps me repeating "it will go away, it will go away........."

my other huge fear is that my hubby will get it, with his mobility and agitation issues that would truly be a nightmare. and then our 15 yr old son got strep and is now having digestive distress. This summer he has carried a full adult load on his shoulders, with both his parents ill. but I know deep down things will be okay, and this board is a big part of helping me to know that. Before I came here, it seemed like a lot of what I read talked about morbidity rather than recovery.

I will do better about pming people, rather than posting to the general board. My sinuses and ears are better with the silverbiotics, so not feeling near as foggy and out of it. that makes it much easier to think clearly!

Thanks again to all who have offered kind encouragement. It means a whole lot.

Amy

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”