JenRenee5 - Posted in Case Histories

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Jenny
Regular Contributor

JenRenee5 - Posted in Case Histories

Postby Jenny » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:18 am

Hi Jenny,

I hope you have this thing beat. It can take some time for your stomach and bowel movements to return to normal. Many suffer from IBS after c diff. However alot of us continue with probiotics for sometime, for I think a bit of an insurance policy, and there is nothing wrong with that but they can lead to stomach discomfort for a few of us.

Make sure you continue to wash your hands thoroughly and bleach bathrooms and food prep areas for a while to be sure you avoid reinfection.

Take Care

Jenny

JenRenee5
New User

Postby JenRenee5 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:06 am

Thanks so much for the advice and words of encouragement. I'm just so paranoid that this is some sort of relapse or that it never went away. I'm debating on going to the doctor next week to have another stool test to check. My first stool test was negative then when i retook it thats when they found the cdiff. In between that time the doc had me on cipro before she new what it was and from what i've read, cipro and clindamycin right after the other is like the worst thing to do so who knows. I thought I was miserable dealing with this for 3 months and then I come on here and see these people who have had it years. I'm so sorry those of you had to go through that!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”