Seroquel anyone???

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Seroquel anyone???

Postby TheVike » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:38 am

Results from Endo came back good! :) Little Gastritis one doc says chronic one says mild biopsies negative etc... I was ecstatic at how well the pics looked like from my gut and esopho and duodenum! In any case it appears the C Diff is well in the past thank God...but the Docs can t seem to find ouot why or where my chest pains and rapid heartbeat are coming from still basically living on XANX but certainly NOT abusing them at the most I wind up takin no more than a 1mg aday split most of the time..they also have put me on a drug call lexipro and NOW want me to take this drug above anyone know anything about it other than what I have already read???? Doc thinks I am now a nervous paranoid hypo chondriac head case but he IS VERY GOOD FPN and cares about me and my health I trust him to death for he was the one that saved me from the Diff! Again my heart CT coronary scan checked out all fine and other thqat bouts of MAJOR gas no GI problems whatsoever at this point over a year out from the Diiffff...again thoughts on the above drug?

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:32 am

That's great news! My doc wants me on Seroquel, too. Wants me to start out on 25 mg, a very low dose. She told me I would get the best sleep of my life and it would help me gain weight. My doc said I would feel "out of it" for a couple of hours when I first wake up, and since I live alone at this time, I chose not to take it yet. I'm moving at the end of the month and will be living with family, so I'm strongly considering giving it a try then if things haven't improved. If you try it out, please let me know how you do, and I will do likewise. Wishing you the best...Karen

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:23 pm

Whenever your doc. prescribes a new med., there is a patient insert an/or pharmacy instructions. Read the info., but don't panic. The manufacturer lists every possible side effect to protect against med. mal. suits.

Call your local pharmacist & ask questions. They will explain in basic language the side effects, contraindications, etc.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:25 am

VIKE- They tried putting me on lexapro and after taking it for 3 days I was sitting at my desk and started feeling like FIRE was running through my veins instead of blood and my heart started racing...........OF COURSE IT WAS ON A WEEKEND so I just went to bed (as I refuse to go to ER anymore) and waited it out. I also stopped taking them. When I went back into my doctor two weeks later he really got mad I had not called him and told me he would not have discontinued the drug but would have put me on half the dosage for a couple of weeks before upping it to that dosage again.---------HELL NO not going there again. However, I have a friend who swears by it and feels great so, I guess it is different on everyone. It seems since cdiff if a drug can have any side effects this ole lady will have them! My gut is just super sensitive now. I take ONLY the neccessities now! Good luck and hopefully they will get you straightened out.
Cindy

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”