meds done...when better?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
juneyb
New User

meds done...when better?

Postby juneyb » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:46 am

I am done with 10 days of flagyl. I still feel badly. Should I be better...or is there some lapse of time between taking and finishing meds and feeling well?

Thank you...

Juney

juneyb
New User

Postby juneyb » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:15 am

Thank you, Roy. I am seeing my Dr. on Thursday.

juneyb
New User

Postby juneyb » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:49 pm

The worse thing for me is being so blastedly, sickenly tired. Honestly there are lots of times when I feel such a cloud of exhaustion that if I don't close my eyes and rest a little I feel like I will throw up, Does this happen at this point? Any thoughts?

Jenny
Regular Contributor

Postby Jenny » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:55 pm

Hi Juneyb,

How far past the flagyl are you? C diff really does wipe you out, but I found that a huge part of my fatigue after the dehydration was in fact a side effect of the flagyl. Flagyl does take at least 3 - 4 days to get out of your system. Maybe you just need a little more time, and rest. I know the feelings you are having well. I can remember many times I would be talking to my husband or kids and mid conversation I would just konk out. No exaggeration!

Feel Better:)

Jenny

juneyb
New User

Postby juneyb » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:32 pm

Just a few days, so hopefully that is it.

Juney

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:26 pm

Your colon is the dumbest organ is the body...it's takes a while for it realize that it's sick and even longer to realize, that it's gotten well. What you are looking for is minor gains. If you think that you're going to wake up and feel fantastic like before C-Diff. It isn't going to happen. Keep track of your little gains, that way you know you're making progress. You need to expect some bumps and setbacks...they will happen. Don't panic just keep going ahead. Everybody gets well, it just make take longer than you like.

Fire

juneyb
New User

Postby juneyb » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:31 pm

My c diff test yesterday was negative! My dr. still isn't happy as she says I may have had it a lot longer than thought, and she is concerned about damage and ulcerations. The D is still bad. So, for now rest, rest, rest, probiotics, water, good food. If not much better by next week she would do more tests. Does this sound the norm...if there is one??? She is a good dr. and is not too egocentric to ask for help. I am a bariatric patient so I guess this can sometimes affect this process.

Thanks.

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:11 pm

Hmm I don't know if the D is still bad I would think you might still have it. How long have you been off the medicine for because that can screw up your stool sample if taken too quickly. I would definitely geti n and see the doctor immediately if you still continue having bad D. You don't want it too go to long if it continues without proper treatment.

juneyb
New User

Postby juneyb » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:35 am

At what point, about how many days past the last dose of flagyl can you expect an accurate c diff test?

Thanks

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:05 am

Everyone on here I think pretty much says 10-14 days after done with the medicine. I would check with your doctor though and see what he/she tells you. I know I got a postive test only 3 days after the flagyl, but people do get false negatives when they take the test too quickly after being on the medicine.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:18 pm

Yes, 10 to l4 days off the Flagl/Vanco. is best. See FAQ-C. diff. Tests.

C. diff. can really do a "number" on your GI tract & you can take awhile to recover.. About l out of 5 develop IBS. See FAQ-IBS & FAQ-Three Day Rule to help determine the difference. Often, it takes awhile to regain your strength.

If your doc. is not a GI or an ID & you continue to not feel well, I'd see either of the above.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”