Ginger and beet pulp...has anyone tried this?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
junbug1029
New User

Ginger and beet pulp...has anyone tried this?

Postby junbug1029 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:30 pm

One of my clients is a veterinarian and I told her my saga with CD and she suggested trying crystallized ginger. Her understanding was that some studies show benefits to the gut in addition to the stomach. She told me about beet pulp which is frequently used to treat dogs and horses with digestive problems. This is a quote from a site: "Beet Pulp is the vegetable matter that remains after sugar is extracted from sliced sugar beets. It is bulk feed, high in fiber and unique in that its fiber is extremely digestible."
She also suggested trying protein different than what I usually eat, such as pinto, black and garbanzo beans, and potatoes.
Does anyone have any experience or thoughts about any of these?
My C diff came out of the blue. I had no known exposure, hospitilization or antibiotic use.
Thanks to everyone on this site. Your suggestions and info are so helpful!

musicgirl180
Regular User

ginger and beans

Postby musicgirl180 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:57 pm

i'm no expert, but i can't imagine eating beans with cdiff. ouch! if you can handle it though, they are good sources of protein.

i often take ginger for standard belly aches, but have avoided it with cdiff. according to chinese medicine, warming could be bad for cdiff. id try just about anything though. maybe if you can handle it. many other things soothe the belly too. i've been using decaf green tea (for immune system) with slippery elm (soothing to the belly).

i doubt ginger or beans would cure cdiff. are you simply looking for pain relief?

it's funny, i talked with my vet about cdiff too. pets can have trouble getting past it. she said if the meds don't work, they work on creating a better environment by adding fiber and probiotics. she knew more than many human docs. ha!

i just eliminated white flour and plan on getting rid of refined sugars. ugh! love cake.

best of luck to you!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”