Question about reinfection

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Question about reinfection

Postby jenkelly15 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:45 am

I am approaching my 90th day off the vanco tomorrow. Now, I was wondering about reinfecting myself at this point would it be pretty hard to be reinfected? I mean I have bleached the bathrooms a few weeks ago when I hit my 8th week off the vanco, but I was wondering if I always have to continue those things to remain c-diff free, or if you can go back to your normal life before c-diff without worrying about being reinfected. Also, I know people said newborns carry c-diff in there stools. My son is now 7 months do you think I can still get it from that being 90 days out? Thanks so much everyone.

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:48 am

Thanks Roy that's exactly what I needed to hear. I wondered if my gut flora was basically back to normal since it's been the 90 days tomorrow. Thanks again you've been a real help!!!

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:09 pm

They say babies that do carry it carry it for the first year of life. About the bleaching, I still use bleach in my bathroom. I just feel it gets it cleaner anyway

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:33 pm

I asked the same question about continuing to bleach my bathroom after I recovered from cdiff, and I was told that I should, because we can have the spores forever. (That's why we have to be careful about antibiotics.) So I do that (just not as often as when I had cdiff), plus wash the towels in bleach, even though I use paper towels in the bathroom. I figure that I don't ever want cdiff again, and of course I don't want to give it to my husband or anyone else.

WOWOWOW
Regular User

Postby WOWOWOW » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:23 pm

Jen, 90 days tommorow that is awesome! I am so happy for you. Now stop worrying so much and run as fast as you can and don't look back!!

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:46 am

Thanks so much I know I can't believe it's been 90 days and it went by really fast too. I know I wish I could stop worrying so much about relapsing. I thought I would have stopped a long time ago. Hopefully, soon enough I can stop worrying about it.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:01 pm

It'll come with time.. CONGRATS!!! There seems to be more and more people beating this thing in time....

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”