might be relapsing!

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
mommy2maddi
Regular User

might be relapsing!

Postby mommy2maddi » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:44 am

So,

I have read the FAQ section about the 3 day rule, I do not qualify there. I am a nervous wreck which is not helping! I am not sure what is going on here... I know anxiety plays a role in your tummy issues. On Monday I gave into every craving I had.. I am 9 months pregnant. I ate 2 pieces of cake, hot wings, macaroni salad, etc. Then around midnight it hit hard! I had a normal bathroom visit followed by subsequent episodes of "D" and cramping. None of which had the mucuous or smell that I had when I originally came down with CDIFF. In the morning I woke up with a loose BM and then went about my day. I kept it bland, wheat toast with yogurt and a banana and then a ham and cheese sandwhich with yogurt. Yesterday I went one time and it was TOTALLY normal in every way! I thought ok, this is good. I ate a sandwhich, yogurt, banana and chips for dinner. I then had cramping and gas a couple of hours later. This followed through the night. This am, a loose version happened when I went to the bathroom, no smell or mucous. I just ate toast and yogurt. I am concerned about the possibility of relapse. How do you know? My hubby thinks I am nuts! Not sure if it is the baby running out of space too! Please help!

Thanks!

Nicole

Mommy to Maddi 1/3/06
Jack due 7/4/08

mayotte
Contributor

Postby mayotte » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:55 am

I can sympathize with your anxiety. I had many days when I thought I was relapsing, but after a few days things would be better. I am no doctor, but am a mother and grandmother. I know that near the end of my daughters pregnancy, she often would have loose stools. I would suspect that this might be related to your pregnancy and the fact that your intestines could be still sensitive. You might want to call your doc, and just let him/her know what is going on with you. I hope you feel better, and SOON.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:48 am

Try to relax. I know its hard but beingupset and nervous does make it worse. I remember many days I thought I was relapseing and ended up recovering. I still have episodes if I eat the wrong things and sometimes it doesnt all happen the same day I eat it. ALso if you have any IBS hormones play a role in that and being your PG it could be from that. Just try and wait it out if your not having severe D and lots of it, but if you feel you need to call to doc do so. Also maybe have the test to put your nerves at ease. Good luck..

mommy2maddi
Regular User

Postby mommy2maddi » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:42 pm

With all of the stress that CDIFF has caused me I would love a nice stiff drink right about now! I also am a little nervous because I visited a friend who had a baby last week in the hospital. I washed my hands before leaving the NICU (where she was with her baby) and when I came home I changed clothes and washed my hands first thing. When I had my first round of CDIFF (hopefully my only) I had consistently bad cramps, weird mucousy stools, etc. This time it was the Big D, followed by a day of normalcy, then today was bad. Can that happen?

Nicole

Mommy to Maddi 1/3/06
Jack due 7/4/08

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:06 pm

Anything is possible with cdiff. How long have you been off the mes? Maybe you should take a test just to know.

Daisydogmom
New User

Postby Daisydogmom » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:35 pm

I would call your doctor to be on the safe side. I have never had C. diff (my son did.), however, I had lots of D during my pregnancy due to hormonal changes. I am hoping that this is all it is for you, too. Good luck!

whitepine
Regular Contributor

Postby whitepine » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:06 am

It really does sound like you ate too many irritating things at once and you got the D from eating like that. I wouldn't worry! Your hormones are all over the place too, so try to get some rest. congratulation's in advance on your new little one. :)

Destiny366
Brand New Poster

Postby Destiny366 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:39 pm

I am a registered nurse with my 3rd bout of C diff. I do not think you are relapsing with just loose stools. I think your colon may still be irritable, though. Try avoiding dairy products and go easy high residue foods. My physician (an Infectious Disease doctor) put me on a lactose free, low residue high protein diet. She said this would hope promote healing. I've already noticed a decrease in gas. I am also taking Vanco 500mg 3 times daily and Florastor 3 times daily. I sure hope this helps you. If you experience liquid stools, malodorous stools or more than 4 bowel movements in 24 hours, definitely see you physician pronto. Otherwise you can dehydrate. He would probably check your stool and see if you have it back.
Take care and Blessings to you and your baby.
Live, Laugh, Love!!!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:50 pm

Destiny366,
As a nurse, please help us publicize C. diff. & what a nasty disease it still can be. Many have still not heard of it, & some in the medical profession evidently still consider it a "minor disease of the elderly & ill." Not so, as you know.

Thx. for posting. Feel better soon.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:29 am

My daughter (although never having had cdiff) experienced diarrhea frequently the whole time she was pregnant. The OB told her lots of women do!
Cindy

lawc30
Regular User

paying the price for munchies!

Postby lawc30 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:49 pm

I've been off the meds for four months, and I've noticed that times I eat out and indulge in something spicy or tomato based, I will often pay a price for it. If it is not with loose stools, it is with heartburn, muscle weakness, gas etc, and it usually lasts for AT LEAST a day or two maybe a week. It's like once you re-irritate your digestive track, you have to give it time to heal all over again. I hope this is all it is for you!

Laura
Laura
Godissemperfidelis.com

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”