Mucous...

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
palmtree5572
New User

Mucous...

Postby palmtree5572 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:04 pm

When I first got C. diff I didn't have the D,only lots and lots of mucous with cramping. I was diagnosed with pancreatitis and thought that is was fat that I had passed. Now one of my doctors made the comment that it was possibly the lining to the colon instead of fat. They are using the term pseudomembranous colitis. They all ask me how much I am seeing. Is this something to be alarmed about? If you lose too much of the lining to your colon is that when it will perforate? I've been trying to research it online but I'm not finding much. Has anyone else had lots (or only) mucous?
"I will go in the strength of the Lord God: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only." Psalms 71:16

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:49 pm

I always had lots of mucus with relapses (along with lots of D, fever, nausea, blood, and pain), and had some for about 6 months after I recovered. I had p colitis, but I don't know if that is associated with mucus or not. So to me mucus was not very alarming. I've never heard that mucus has anything to do with whether your colon might perforate or not, but I would ask my doc about that.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:23 am

palm tree,
Pseudo. mem. colitis is the worst form of C. diff. I had it as have countless other posters. Read Dr. Borody's article for a better explanation.

Mucous simply indications "inflammation."

Don't worry. You will recover.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”