Muscle cramps...

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
palmtree5572
New User

Muscle cramps...

Postby palmtree5572 » Wed May 28, 2008 11:53 pm

Since this morning I am having severe muscle cramping...neck, back, the tops of my arms and thighs, and my calves. If I move them they try to go into a Charley horse. It kept me from sleeping along with a severe back ache. I'm on day 9 of Alinia on pulsed dosing. Is muscle cramps normal for C. diff or do I need to call a doctor? (I tried calling him 3 days last week and never got a call back.)
"I will go in the strength of the Lord God: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only." Psalms 71:16

Jenny
Regular Contributor

Postby Jenny » Thu May 29, 2008 9:48 am

I agree with Roy keep calling and if you get no response call another doctor. In the meantime I personally would up my fluids. I had terrible cramping in the beginning all over, due to dehydration. Maybe a pharmacist can help you until a Dr gets back to you.

Feel Better

Jenny

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Thu May 29, 2008 6:38 pm

I agree, you need to call your doctor! Just so you know I had what I called body aches...feeling like I had the flu. This would come and go, and mine would last for 24 hours at a time sometimes. Don't know if it's what you're having, so BEST TO CALL THE DOC. I never took Alina. I hope you get to feeling better SOON!!!!!

Karen

palmtree5572
New User

Muscle cramps...

Postby palmtree5572 » Thu May 29, 2008 9:27 pm

We got me in to a different GI doctor this morning. This pain brought back memories of when I ended up in the hospital for 12 days in March. He took me off of the Alinia and changed other parts of my meds, also did blood tests to check my white blood count and to check me for pancreatitis being back. (I had that with my C diff.)
I am going back on the Vancomycin tomorrow. One week on, one week off and then one week on. He said my case is very complicated.
He said he just doesn't know what could be causing the muscle pains. When I first came down with the C. diff for two days I had the severe muscle pains. I would turn to say something to my husband and the muscles would catch and take my breath away for a few seconds. It was in my neck and back then. I also had extreme muscle weakness the day I went in the hospital. I couldn't even lift my head off of a pillow for about two days. At the time they thought it was because I was severely dehydrated and my potassium was really, really low.
I am drinking lots and lots of fluids and Gatorade. Still aching but not as bad today and have a doctor that said he'd be right here with me through this. Thanks for everyone's comments and concern. I'll try to post what they found out with the testing in case any one else suffers from this.
"I will go in the strength of the Lord God: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only." Psalms 71:16

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Fri May 30, 2008 10:55 pm

I had terrible leg cramps the whole time I had c diff and still sometimes wake up in the middle of the night with them. I would get them so bad I couldn't stand it. I had them ast least once week .. I would have to have my husband rub it out.. C diff did horrible things to me...

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”