Should I worry?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
mommy2maddi
Regular User

Should I worry?

Postby mommy2maddi » Tue May 27, 2008 6:32 pm

Yesterday my daughter was rushed to the hospital for a febrile seizure, she is 2. I am 9 months pregnant and I am so worried that I could have been exposed to CDIFF while in the ER. We were rushed via ambulance and then taken immediately to a private room in the ER. I am petrified that I was exposed to CDIFF. Any thoughts? Reassurance?

Thanks!

Cole

Mom to Maddi 1/3/06
Jack due 7/4/08

mommy2maddi
Regular User

Postby mommy2maddi » Tue May 27, 2008 8:43 pm

thanks for the response... She is doing better. She has pnemonia as they found out the cause for the fever. We now have to be extra diligent whenever she gets sick or has a fever. We have to give her both tylenol and motrin alternating so that a fever never has a chance to get high in between doses. It was so scary and stressful. I am thankful that she is ok. Apparently she will be more prone to febrile seizures after having them. So we will be careful. Thanks for asking. I was careful not to eat, sit on a toilet seat, etc. Kept washing my hands, etc. Hopefully that will help me! I am not in the mood and besides I have been negative and feeling great for 30 days!

Nicole

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed May 28, 2008 1:31 am

mommy2maddi,
Smart move, Mom. Glad your daughter is doing better.

Since you were cautious, you should be fine re. C. diff. Discuss with your OB your fears & also antibiotics during after delivery re. Strep B. Some of our preg. posters developed C. diff. this way.

Take care of yourself & "baby-on-the-way."

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”