C. Diff without Diarrhea and With Pancreatitis...

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
palmtree5572
New User

C. Diff without Diarrhea and With Pancreatitis...

Postby palmtree5572 » Sat May 24, 2008 11:30 pm

Bless you, Bobbie. I'm buying a large heating pad at our Walgreens (about 1 mile away) tomorrow!

Tami
"I will go in the strength of the Lord God: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only." Psalms 71:16

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat May 24, 2008 11:46 pm

palm tree,
Keep the box & the receipt. Think the warantee is good for 3 yrs. Hope the heating pad helps. AND no side effects! I buy the one with the auto. shutoff & often have it on at night. It's been 15 yrs. since I first had C. diff. & I've lost count of the # of heating pads.

Again, check with doc. re. using heating pad since you have pancreatitis.

palmtree5572
New User

heating pad...

Postby palmtree5572 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:33 pm

Bobbie,
I got the heating pad, have saved the box and receipt and am sleeping better. The new doctor put me on anatryptiline(sp?) 10 mg. to help with my sleep. It makes me drowsy so I can sleep in spite of the pain. Hydrocodone was doing nothing and scaring me because it was a narcotic. He said it will take 3-5 days to really begin working and up to a month to really get into my system. Thank you so much for telling me about the heating pad. It's my new best friend!

Tami
"I will go in the strength of the Lord God: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only." Psalms 71:16

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:13 pm

I was on that for headaches. Becareful when you stop. You have to gradually do it.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:17 am

palmtree5572,
Glad the heating pad is helping. Bet we've "sold" lots of them on this site.

palmtree5572
New User

going off meds..

Postby palmtree5572 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:32 am

Nsewell,

Do you mean the anatryptiline or the hydrocodone? The GI doctor told me the anatryptiline wasn't a narcotic and I could stop it at any time.
I was taking 1-2 hydrocodone per night just to take the edge off the pain. It would give me about 4 hours sleep.
I don't like "needing" a medicine to exist.

maryinflorida
Regular Contributor

Postby maryinflorida » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:14 pm

palmtree,

If you mean Amitriptyline it is a tricyclic antidepresant that is used in smaller doses for pain and sleeping problems. My son was on it as part of his pain treatment after a car accident that left him with some very painfully nerve damage. The stuff worked for him but it also scrambled his brain pretty bad, especially his short term memory, so just be aware of some possible side effects. Also, as with all antidepresants, they usually recommend not to just stop cold turkey but to taper off.

palmtree5572
New User

medicines...

Postby palmtree5572 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:06 pm

Yes, I mean amitriptyline. I went and checked the bottle. The doctor told me it was an antidepressant but he was going to use it for my severe pain at night that's keeping me from getting any sleep. He said he was giving me a very low dose and it would be safe to stop it at any time though I did need to take it daily to get it into my blood stream. Think I need to check it out, don't I? Thanks for the info.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:55 pm

Imeant the amitryptoline. Ya my doctor said dont stop it suddenly we'd have to gradually stop but I cold turkied it and all I dealt with was more headaches and a bit a nauseouness. It is usually used for depression but they use for lots of other things to. They're starting to do that with lots of meds. Everyone is different. Id go ahead and try it. I actually tried a few different ones for ibs and anxiety and had reactions but If they have me try another I will try amitryptoline, just cause I know I did ok on it.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”