Is Vomiting a Sign It's Back?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Daisydogmom
New User

Is Vomiting a Sign It's Back?

Postby Daisydogmom » Thu May 15, 2008 4:16 pm

Yet another question about my three-year-old. He's been doing better every day since stopping the Flagyl about 8 days ago. This morning he vomited up his entire breakfast (He didn't vomit when he had C. diff.). Is this a possible sign of it coming back? He doesn't actually seem all that sick!?!? Of course his doctor is off today & the on-call Dr. said to take a stool sample down to the hospital if he gets D. She said it wasn't too early to retest him. Any thoughts?

Thanks again to all of you who have responded in the past to my annoying posts. I really appreciate all of you! :)

Sincerely,
Now a Worried PARANOID Mom :)

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu May 15, 2008 8:00 pm

Daisydogmom,
Most experts say it's best to retest after being off meds. for 10 to 14 days. See FAQ-Tests. Some do show positive earlier, however.

Your aren't paranoid. Most mother would "kill" for their children. It's hard to see them suffer.

This could be a non-related "bug."

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Thu May 15, 2008 9:42 pm

I hope its jjust a bug! my first relapse was severe diareha and vomiting.. if he only has vomiting you might want to check with his doc tomorrow if not better.. Most moms are very concerned. Its ok .. ... good luck

Daisydogmom
New User

Postby Daisydogmom » Fri May 16, 2008 2:56 pm

Well, I took the little guy to the doctor's office this morning. He's pretty sure that it's the stomach bug that has been running rampant around here. Ick! My fingers are crossed that he is right!

Daisydogmom
New User

Postby Daisydogmom » Wed May 21, 2008 4:12 pm

So, my little guys developed bad D again, so we did another stool sample (12 days after finishing Flagyl). The results are in- no C. Diff (right now), but he tested positive for rotavirus (common stomach bug). Luckily, he's been feeling better, too. He keeps asking for chocolate and potato chips!!! Now, I need to put some more pounds on the little guy. He lost a lot of weight from all of this GI stuff. His pediatrician can't believe that he had two bad GI issues within a month. What are the chances (He says we should play the lottery.)? His doctor put him on Flagyl again after we did the stool sample. His doctor said that we could keep him on the meds for 10 days even though he doesn't have C. Diff, since he's already started it. Would you keep him on Flagyl or stop it?

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Wed May 21, 2008 7:14 pm

I wouldnt keep him on it if he doesnt have cdiff. He needs to let his good bacteria regrow and flagyl will just kill it. My nephew had rotovirus and I also got sick from him and had some D, fraeked me out after having cdiff!! ANyway I kept taking my probiotic and drank yogurt. and got better. It is better than having cdiff.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”