two probiotic questions

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
kcarlton
New User

two probiotic questions

Postby kcarlton » Thu May 08, 2008 7:38 am

Hi, I was wondering if anybody had tried the Complete Probiotic that Dr. Mercola recommends. It has Lactobacillus Sporogenes in it which he says is a superior probiotic. I am also taking a regular, high dosed probiotic with acidophilus, bifidus, etc. but was thinking about getting a second one since I have such bad bacterial overgrowth.

The other question I have is whether anybody else here experiences abdominal distention and edema from taking probiotics. I had been taking probiotics for years and various brands then last year in January one morning when I took my probiotic a little while later my stomach went from flat to pregnant looking and my clothes got really tight in my lower body from water retention. I skipped the probio the next day and the day after tried it again to rule out a food intolerance since I have many, and it happened again. I thought I might be reacting to dairy residues in the probio and stopped taking it but any probio does it to me. Does anybody else have that problem. I have been on this probio for 2 weeks now and I am so swollen I can't stand it. I know I have to take it but I am a little concerned by my extreme reaction to it.

The Saccharomyces b. seems to make the symptoms worse than the probio alone.

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Fri May 09, 2008 11:59 pm

you say you have to be on it.. is there another option that your doctor could recommend that does not bloat or swell you up? You might want to see if they will let you try something else. I know there were some I tried and I would bloat up right away, others i could stay on for awhile then all of the sudden my body didn't like them.. I ended up giving them all up. Ruetri was my longest one and did the most good. (for me)

kcarlton
New User

Postby kcarlton » Sat May 10, 2008 7:23 am

What else can I do to correct the bacterial imbalance that I have on top of the C. Diff? I thought probiotics were the only option.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”