Questions about food

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
formerlyhealthy
New User

Questions about food

Postby formerlyhealthy » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:59 pm

I notice people talking about eating a bland diet with this thing, and my doc told me to stay away from certain foods such as dairy. Can food affect the c.diff.? Or is it that certain foods are harder to digest and will tax my already irritated system? I forgot to ask my doc this but you all seem to know more than he does sometimes!

~Susan

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:26 pm

I asked the same exact question. The answer I was told was NO a certain food will not give you c-diff it's just probably most people can't tolerate certain foods becuase of the infection and the healing time. I am still not completely certain I am cured because I am only 39 days off the vanco, but I am eating whatever I want at this point. I know I am one of the lucky ones in this respect because a lot of people stay away from certain foods for a long time. Hope this helps.

formerlyhealthy
New User

Postby formerlyhealthy » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:10 am

Good luck Jenkelly. I hope you are cured!

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:49 am

Most people are more symptomatic on certain foods than others. Spicy, greasy, sugary or carbonated seem to bring out the beast in most people. Doctors mostly say to eat whatever you can tolerate and point out the things known to cause problems such as dairy. You learn for yourself what you can and can not tolerate very quickly with cdiff.
Cindy

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”