Question about Relapse, can't find the answer!

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
mommy2maddi
Regular User

Question about Relapse, can't find the answer!

Postby mommy2maddi » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:39 am

Hi Everyone,

I have read through almost everything I can find on the subject of C DIFF both on here and everywhere else. I have a couple of questions. I felt major improvement from symptoms after 3 days on the Flagyl. I have had major improvements in stools too, but they are not 100%.

1. For those that relapse do they feel better when on medication or still have symptoms?

2. Are the stools supposed to be looser while on meds or normal?

Given that I am pregnant it scares me to have a relapse and not know if it will happen or not.

Thanks!

Nicole

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:22 am

That is all I did belt never really felt normal for months so to speak BUT i was NOT going to go with more AB's at all cosdts and sure enuf with bananas and pro B pills and Hoitea 3x a day i am close to 100 % one year out the first month or two thought I waas gonna die before and after the "F" but I could tell it stopped the D cold pretty much!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:50 pm

mommy2maddi,
Many people still have symptoms (also usually milder) while on meds.

Many preg. women wind up on Vanco. Frankly, I can't remember if it's safer than Flayl -- many preg. posters here have been on both. I would contact both your doc. & your pharmacist.

Help!!! Any preg. posters out there with similar problems?

mommy2maddi
Regular User

Postby mommy2maddi » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:12 am

Thanks for the advice. I was told that Vanco can cause hearing loss in the baby. I am NOT up for that! Yesterday I actually felt "norma" and my BM's were normal too. My last day of meds is today and I really hope not to have issues after going off.

Thanks

Nicole

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”