Simple Treatment?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
jheist
Brand New Poster

Simple Treatment?

Postby jheist » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:28 pm

My mother was dx with c-diff 3.5 weeks ago. Symptoms landed her in the hospital, and she eventually tested positive for c-diff and was treated with flagyl. But it came back a week after treatment. My mother has dementia, so the 3 a day antibiotic tx was a bear for us, her kids, to manage. She did not take it 100% correctly. Now, we're looking at another course of antibiotics and more stress on my sister and I who will attempt to help her correctly take the meds.

Question: Are there any simple tx's out there that perhaps only require taking a morning pill??

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:35 am

NO..........only if the doctor will prescribe vanco 500mg per day and give her one dose per day BUT, it is highly unlikely. They like to give doses spaced out to every 6 hours per day to keep the meds regulated in the body through the initial period of time. It is worth a shot in talking to the doctors. God bless you in having to deal with this problem in this horrible way.
Cindy

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”