Echanacia & Cdiff recurrence?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
heatherl76
Brand New Poster

Echanacia & Cdiff recurrence?

Postby heatherl76 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:18 pm

I have been off medicine for 9 weeks today. I only had one course of flagyl for my cdiff. I have a cold/virus & started taking echinacia yesterday. Not a huge dose, only 2 yesterday & two today, now I have D again & it "looks" like it did when I had cdiff. Can echanacia cause it? I started probiotics again, just now, but am so worried it has come back. Anyone have this experience?

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

3 day rule

Postby TheVike » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:38 pm

try and wait it out probably just upsetting your tummy!

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:57 pm

I agree with TheVike, echinacea (or your other probiotics) could just be upsetting your innards. I doubt that it can cause cdiff to come back. See the 3-day rule in the FAQ section if you continue to have D. Good luck.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:19 am

It has been my experience anytime I start a new drug or supplement or introduce anything new to my system.......diarrhea visits me. Our systems just become very sensitive and most likely this is what you are experiencing. However, some people have reported having cdiff symptoms reappear with stomach viruses and it is not totally out of the picture to suspect it if things do not clear up. Best contact doctors office and make them aware of the latest developments just to be on the safe side.
Cindy

whitepine
Regular Contributor

Postby whitepine » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:58 am

I agree with Cindy, anytime I add anything new, it D hits. So, i take no supplements and no pills except for Vancomycin and Florastor. No herbs, no nothing, some herbs are natural antibiotics and can cause relapses just like traditional antibiotics can.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”