Hyoscyamine Sulfate for C. Diff?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
lenyc333
Regular User

Hyoscyamine Sulfate for C. Diff?

Postby lenyc333 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:35 pm

My doctor prescribed this medication for my condition....Hyoscyamine Sulfate. Has anyone else taken this drug? How did you react to it? Did it help with the pain cause that is really what I need right now....pain relief! I have never heard of it??

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:45 pm

I have used Hyoscyamine ( Nulev) for quite some time for controlling abdominal spasms and it works quite well. Too much will give you a dry mouth and tends to brown you out a little. You'll figure it out quickly. 0125mg per tablet, place under your tongue up to 2 every hour as needed. It can work miralces for you. For the dry mouth, suck on some hard candy or a life saver. That's how it works for me. Make sure to follow your Doctors instructions for use.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:22 pm

FYI, my husband takes hyoscyamine for a totally different problem. He has a "boggy esophagus," which means that food gets stuck going down. He eats fast, and things that are hard, like steak and French bread, were often problems. Before he took hyoscyamine, we went to the ER many times so they could unplug him. (Maybe that is where I first picked up the cdiff bug?) Anyway, with hyoscyamine he is now able to get food down better.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:00 am

I too used it and it seemed to be the only thing that really worked for me.

lenyc333
Regular User

Postby lenyc333 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:38 pm

I have been using this stuff, but i am not getting pain relief. It helps a little with the cramping but doesnt really take the bad pain away. I think I need to ask my doctor for something much stronger like a pain med. But thank you guys for responding. I am always nervous to try new drugs, and it helped to hear that others have had good reactions with it. I have had my share of bad reactions to drugs, so i guess i am a little paranoid. thanks!!

whitepine
Regular Contributor

Postby whitepine » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:01 am

It's ok, just ok, it doesnt get rid of cramps and pain at all. I use it for esophageal spasms. When I get bad cramps, I take the Levsin with .5 of Xanax and that does help. :)

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”