I am stumped

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Purestar2
Brand New Poster

I am stumped

Postby Purestar2 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:35 pm

I thought the C diff was gone. But now I think I am having a relapse. I had gotten sick this week with what I thought was the flu. I had a cold, fever, body aches etc. Each day go progressively worse until Thursday. Thursday fever broke, but started with diarrhea, dark almost black. Can't seem to eat anything, even just a piece of toast without soon after having bout of diarrhea. Haven't eaten hardly anything. Went to dr. this a.m. with concern about C diff, Have to do a test - took sample just now and will bring to lab on Monday. What should I do in the meantime. Am I supposed to stay in quarantine from everyone or can I go to work on Monday?

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:17 pm

Purestar 2,
I am so sorry that you are having so much D. I really hope that it is not a relapse. Scary. Maybe it is something to do with the flu, instead of cdiff? What kind of work do you do? If you feel well enough, and if you aren't having direct contact with patients or others at risk for cdiff, my guess is that you could go to work on Monday. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”