candida / c diff

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
stefdub
New User

candida / c diff

Postby stefdub » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:54 am

Hi guys,
I was just wondering about something.
I have mild thrush that I didn't pay much attention too but now read through the definition of candida, that can be similar in some of its' symptoms. There is a probiotic that they recommend for candida that I will be ordering to add to my long list of:
Danactive
Activia
VSL#3
Primal Defense
Primadophilus
Acidophilus
Culturelle
and
Florastor :-)
Just wondering if anyone else got candida and c diff right after one another. It would make sense because candida is a yeast that can overpopulate just like c diff. It can cause troubles like depression, insomnia, IBS, etc. Still have my insomnia so I am thinking it might be this stuff. Who knows?

God bless you all!!

Stefan

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:37 am

I didn't have a yeast infection after C-diff but did have them off and on with C-diff from the Vanco and Flagyl. I always used Diflucan. One thing to watch out for is that with the probiotics they can cause a yeast die off period where you may actually get a yeast infection from them. Once the yeast is killed off or put back in balance it should clear up. I had this happen a few times with several probiotics and also when someone suggested I take Xango juice to cure my C-diff. After 4 doses I woke up with the worst yeast die off and yeast infection. It took a few Diflucan over several days to clear it up. Just beware this could happen. It was a homeopathic Dr. who told me about this yeast die off period and actually called in the Diflucan that time because it was so out of control.

stefdub
New User

Postby stefdub » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:48 am

hi christina,
so this might just be the die off phase?
I am doing really much better except for my insomnia.
I will get me some L-Glutamine and Melatonin today which is supposedly
helpful for the sleeping problems and the candida.
Plus of course keep my probiotics up up up. Love the idea of them little bacterias fighting off the bad guys big time right now :-)

Thanks so much!!
Stefan

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:50 am

I'm not saying it is but it is possible. Check with your Dr. to make sure.

Glad you're feeling better.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:14 pm

See FAQ-Anti-Fungal Medications (Yeast Infections).

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”