this cracks me up!

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
reet1371
New User

this cracks me up!

Postby reet1371 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:14 pm

i have recurrent c-dif. this is my 3rd time since may. every time i order my vanco for treatment or talk to a pharmacist about it they say to me...omg you have this again!!! whats wrong with your immune system it cracks me up because here we are, so many of us on this site with recurrent c-dif and the only people that arent surprised about the relapses are us and our doctors. who knows..i guess we have the most knowledge about it....

reet1371
New User

Postby reet1371 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:21 pm

the question for my above statement is..is this disease we have actually considered a immunodeficiency disorder? cause i thought it was those darn spores that just wont go away..i mean i was healthy before this thing hit me...

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:52 pm

reet1371
I am not a medical expert but, I would have to say in my personal opinion the answer to your question is no, it is not a immunodeficiency disorder. People with weakend immune systems and the elderly and patients who are hospitalized for long periods of time do have a higher chance of contracting CDiff. With that being said there are studies showing that people who are perfectly healthy are just as at risk as those with weakend immune systems. I was perfectly healthy when I got Cdiff couldnt even remember the last time I was sick.

Alot of us on this site were healty before Cdiff. If you have a minute check around in "Media Reports" and read some of the articals posted there is alot of good information in there. Also if you havent already done so read Dr Brodys artical, it will answers alot of your questions.

Good Luck and Keep us posted.
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:02 pm

No, C-diff is not a immunodeficiency disorder but it is thought believed by some experts that each relapse suppresses your immune system setting you up for more and more relapses.This is not the case with
everyone. Some may just have trouble growing a good amount of healthy bacteria or it may just take longer for them to do so.Then in return the C-diff wins with yet another relapse. It does not mean that something is wrong with your immune system just that the C-diff/toxins have weakened it. This is why in some cases IVIG may help which goes along the same line as the C-diff vaccines which are currently in development.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”