When does the odor go away

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
ginwah
New User

When does the odor go away

Postby ginwah » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:28 pm

I have been on Vanoc for thirty days and I still have that horrible odor. It makes me feel as tho I am never going to get over this! When will the odor go away. Some specific input on this would really help me. Thanks

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:35 pm

as nasty and sickening and literaally deadly this illness is the odor would be the least of my worries! Good luck and don t worry about that focus on feeeeeelin better! :)

ginwah
New User

Postby ginwah » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:08 pm

don't get me wrong, I am feeling a bit better. Been on Vanoc for 30 days and am now tapering on three 250mg per day vs four and will go to two pills a day in one week. But I just do not get how how could be killing this thing if the odor and weird consistency is sitll present???????

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:20 pm

ginwah,
I had the odor mainly during relapses. Consistency never came back to normal (or close to normal), though, until I was finally off of vanco. I think TheVike is right, if you aren't having bad D, I wouldn't worry too much. Most people (about 80%) recover after one or two rounds of vanco or Flagyl, and I hope you are in the lucky majority. Good luck.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”