relapse question

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
mayotte
Contributor

relapse question

Postby mayotte » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:20 am

I have been off vanco for 14 days after a long taper. For the last 2 days I have had nausea and fatigue, no D as yet. I am waiting to call the doc...the three day rule. I am a bit anxious about this as I always fear a relapse, as we all do. My question is, has anyone experienced nausea while going w/o meds? I am still taking Florastor and Culturelle. How long should I continue these? Could they contribute to the nausea?

Renee
New User

nausea

Postby Renee » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:00 pm

Yes, the nausea was the worse thing for me. The one thing that has really helped is a homeopathic medicine from the health food store called "nux vomica 30". Follow the directions & do not let the pellets touch your hands...I was not initially told that. I take 3-6 pellets. Again, this is what has worked for me. Let us know.
Many blessings,
Renee
Renee

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:43 pm

why can t you touch the pellets?

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:52 pm

Renee,
Be aware of any "miracle drugs."

If the pellet can't touch the skin of your hands, what do they do to the lining of your mouth, throat, stomach, intestines?

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:47 pm

I totally agree with Bobbie. If the pellets cant touch your skin, I sure wouldnt put them in my mouth. Gosh that is scary!
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

Renee
New User

heoeopathic medicine for nausea

Postby Renee » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:40 pm

First of all, I want to apologize to everyone. This was only my opinion. I only intended to convey what has worked for me. I have tried many things from Zofran to Ginger for the nausea. I do not consider this a miracle, it has just been helpful for me.

To answer some of the questions, these homeopathic remedies should be dropped on a clean tongue because if your mouth has tastes of toothpaste, spicy foods, tobacco, etc. they all have the ability to antidote the homeopathic remedy. The same thing regarding the hands. The skin can absorb substances on its surface: hand cream, etc. and can effect the potency also.
I wish you all health & blessings,
Renee
Renee

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”