loss of appetite and weight loss

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
mayotte
Contributor

loss of appetite and weight loss

Postby mayotte » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:51 pm

I have been off vanco for 8 days after an 8 month battle with c.diff. I lost 20 lbs during that time, and now am trying to gain it back. The problem is I have no desire to eat...in fact sometimes eating makes me feel yucky and almost like I am going to be in the bathroom. I recently read that zinc can help with increasing the appetite. Does anyone have any suggestions? This lack of appetite has been going on for months. My MD doesn't seem too concerned. He thinks it will come back in time. I, however, want to regain some weight and to get my strength back. I have no stamina, and some days I need to sit for a while before I can continue to do various tasks.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:14 pm

Have you tried Primadophilus reuteri? I lost 27 pounds to cdiff and found that reuteri really helped me to get my appetite back. I was finally hungry again, instead of having to force myself to eat. Good luck.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”