Should I Retest??

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
mia58
New User

Should I Retest??

Postby mia58 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:16 am

Hi everyone, it's been about a year since I was first diagnosed with c diff. Was in the hospital for about 10 days and did about 3 rounds of flaygl for 30 days each time. Although I never had a negative test result I stopped medicating because I had no symptoms. I have not been tested since March 2007. The past 2 weeks I have had freguent loose bowel movements, up to 5 a day and lots of gas. I was wondering if anyone has had a relapse without the watery bowel movements. I'm thinking of reguesting another test but am not sure if I'm overreacting.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:08 am

mia58,
If I were you, I'd ask for another test, since it seems to me it can't hurt and might help ease your mind. You haven't taken any antibiotics, have you? Since I recovered from cdiff in June 2006, my system is definitely more sensitive. I've had lots of bad days with D, but cdiff has not come back so far. Good luck.

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:26 pm

mia58,
I agree with Nancy. It maybe nothing at all but, just for your own peace of mind go and get a test. I have been Cdiff free for over a year and let me tell you my system by no means is the way it was before I had CDiff.

Let us know how you are doing :o)
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

mia58
New User

Postby mia58 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:46 pm

Thanks Nancy and Heather for the replies. My system has been different since having c-diff too. This time it's been going on for a while. I did take an antibiotic for a sinus infection but that was back in July. I called my GI today to have the test done. Thanks again .

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”