Oh gosh, you guys were right about the clindamycin!!!

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Jodie
Regular Contributor

Oh gosh, you guys were right about the clindamycin!!!

Postby Jodie » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:18 am

Woke up in the middle of the night with exploding D!!!!!! Won't stop.......Just took 1 vanco and 1 flagyl, stopped the clindamycin (took last dose at 3 am) Also, its Saturday and no one to call!!!

Jodie

Jodie
Regular Contributor

Postby Jodie » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:05 pm

ok. update.....dentist called me back (WOW) on a Saturday to boot. Explained the situation , told him I absolutely cannot take the clindamycin and guess what he prescribed : Flagyl!!!!!!! Also, stop taking the clindamycin asap (DUH!) The nerve.....I chose him b/c he is the president of the Dental Ass. of Louisiana (whatever!) When I went in I told him my whole problems back to day one of the c-diff and he still put me thru this. I swear my dad is right, nowadays, you can't put any trust in these doctors!!! Even after they know whats going on!! They are clueless.....Back to square on with a stronger case of c-diff I am sure!!

Jodie

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:08 pm

Not necessarily Jodie! Be optimistic it will clear I know...I would have probably done the same too... He obviously went back and researched the cdiff! Anyhow load up on probiotics and make sure you don t take the falgyl on an empty stomach.. I think you have caqught it early where it will clear up rather quick my fingers are crossed for ya!

Nan
Regular Contributor

Postby Nan » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:34 pm

Jodie,
Just read this newest post. So sorry about the diarrhea. Hopefully stopping the Clindamycin right away and being on Vanco and Flagly will hit it hard and fast. I agree with Vike, load up on the probiotics spaced as far apart as possible from the antibiotics. Hang in there the best that you can.
Nan

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:40 am

Hopefully, it is not C-diff. It could be just AAD and clear once you stop the Clindamycin. I don't think I'd jump on Flagyl until I tested and knew for sure but that's my non medical opinion. Flagyl (and even Vanco)can cause C-diff as well so if it's just general antibiotic diarrhea you may do more harm than good at this point. I'd get a hold of your ID Dr. asap to get a second opinion as to what to do now. I would not fool around that's for sure.

Hope you are feeling better today.

Christina

PS-I was told if I ever need to take an antibiotic again to take 4 Florastor/day with it to try to prevent C-diff. Just an FYI. I don't know how it would work as thankfully, I haven't had to try it yet. My Dr. has told me that none of his patients so far, have had C-diff twice! Maybe he's on to something.

Jodie
Regular Contributor

Postby Jodie » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:22 am

Hey Christina! I was already on the Vanco for C-diff tapering, the Flagyl is for the tooth infection, if that clears things up a little.....I have been in touch with ID doc and dentist, so I'm on what I am prescribed. I will get some Floraster though...

Jodie

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:34 am

Sounds good. Good luck.

puremess
Regular Contributor

Postby puremess » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:29 am

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Jodie
Regular Contributor

Postby Jodie » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:41 pm

Thanks, and Christina, where do you get the Floraster???
Thanks,
Jodie

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:26 pm

Some drug stores may carry it. Kroger the grocery store here carries it but I always ordered mine online. It was cheaper that way. I can't remember where though. I would just Google it and go with the lower priced site. It's quite expensive. The normal protocol is 2 in the morning and 2 at night. Check with your Dr. though. I used it with my taper and when it didn't work my Dr. said to ditch it.

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:31 pm

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”