So puzzling

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
mayotte
Contributor

So puzzling

Postby mayotte » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:02 am

I just don't understand how I can feel so rotton when i cut down on the vanco. I am now taking two a day, and it is now the 4th day a of feeling nausea, weakness, and fatigue. Bathroom visits have lessened from a few days ago, but I feel horrible. Last week, taking 3 a day, I thought the worst was over, but now I am not so sure. I will wait until Monday to call the doc. I want so much to be free of this. It has been since Feb. that i have been battling. I am ready for this to END!!!

Nan
Regular Contributor

Postby Nan » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:44 pm

Well, the good news is the bathroom visit have lessened from a few days ago, but sorry to hear that you feel so miserable. Yes, calling the doctor and seeing what he has to say. Maybe you needed to stay on 3 a day for a while longer. Or drop to 2 a day more gradually. I don’t really know. This is all trial and error for everyone. What works for one may not work for another.

I have done all kinds of meds, dosages, pulses, etc since Jan/Feb of 05, and have finally some optimism that I won’t have this the rest of my life. I feel that there is light at the end of the tunnel as things are going a lot better for me, but I still have a ways to go at this point. Keeping all my fingers crossed. But I know how you feel. Many times I have said that I just want my old life back. I got feeling pretty depressed at times. But eventually it will go away. Some of us it takes longer, but it will go away. Hang in there.

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:31 am

Hi, Mayotte. I just realized you were from Maine. It is so beautiful there. I lived there for 14 months before I moved out to Ohio. I miss NE very much.

Anyway, for some reason every time you adjust a dose usually wether it's up or down you will feel something. Sometimes it is just an adjustment period and sometimes you may need to go back to a higher dose for a while longer. It seems the longer you play around with your doses the sooner you may beat this. I know many who did this for months and then one day it was just gone. Hang in there and if you still have symtpoms maybe check with your Dr. as you said, and adjust your dose accordingly for a bit.

Hopefully, your Dr. is good and knows about C-diff. I went to Maine Medical Center for Dr.'s while there and found then extremly good. They helped me and the kids through many illnesses.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Wishing you well soon,

Christina

mayotte
Contributor

Thanks

Postby mayotte » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:48 pm

Thanks for the post. I am feeling better today, Thank goodness. This group has kept me from going crazy. It is so wonderful to have such supportive people. Yes, I do enjoy Maine...have lived here all of my 54 years. I even look forward to winter! Thanks again.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”