Could this be a relapse?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
nikki0294
Contributor

Could this be a relapse?

Postby nikki0294 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:47 pm

I am about a month out from taking xifaxan chaser. Since then I have had about 4-5 movements a day some diarrhea some slightly formed but I have felt ok. Friday I started noticing more frequent small amoutns of diarrhea less formed and intense bloating which I haven't had and pain under my right rib. I took gasx which helped the bloating some. Today I am still so bloated and pain or fullness in top part of my stomach. I noticed mucus now all around then thin thread like stools now and I am having diarrhea still about 6 times today (smaller amounts). It is strange I feel like I am constipated and full but am not elminiating as much as usual but small amounts. Did this happen to anyone? tMy doc said to find a local GI to get retested so I am going to do that first thing Monday but in the meantime I am worrying so much. When will this all end.
Thanks
Chris

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:12 am

it could be ibs .. they have similar symptoms... I suffer from ibs terrible.. if you can hold out and see what happens since your doctor said to call a gi on Monday... it might be something you ate..

skipperndallas
Regular User

Postby skipperndallas » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:38 am

nikki,
I finished the same time as you and now i'm having 4 or more loose stools a day . and pain under the right rib and fullness too. I sure hope we ain't relasping!!!!!!!!!!!

puremess
Regular Contributor

Postby puremess » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:42 am

I finished taking pills seven months a go and I still have mucus around stool 95% of the time. I think it's just IBS.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”