Couple Q's!

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Couple Q's!

Postby TheVike » Thu May 31, 2007 2:34 pm

(1) Will PPI's kill good bacteria and natural supples like Probiotic pills and Dan Active?
(2) Can you be constipated with very very upset stomach nausea general lightheadness, weakness and still have the C Diff?
TY

Allison
Administrator

Postby Allison » Thu May 31, 2007 5:15 pm

1. No. PPI's inhibit the pumps that produce gastric acid.
2. Yes. It is less common to have constipation with cdiff, but it can happen.

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Thanks allison!

Postby TheVike » Thu May 31, 2007 6:46 pm

What signs symptoms othr than fever I guess shuld i look for?

Allison
Administrator

Postby Allison » Thu May 31, 2007 8:20 pm

Because it has already been established that you had/have a cdiff infection, all of the other signs and symptoms you are experiencing should be reported to your doctor if they do not resolve in a reasonable amount of time. See "Three day rule" in FAQ.

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

none...

Postby TheVike » Thu May 31, 2007 9:17 pm

no fever no D whatsoever th big C now Can hold down food just don t want any no appetite used to be enormous my tummmy just feels bloated and like a rock...miserable one!

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:09 pm

I am not a doctor but, it sounds like you may have IBS. My Dr told me that it is very common for people to develop IBS after a intestional infection ie:cdiff. I had IBS before cdiff after cdiff my IBS got worse and I experenced the symptoms that you described and from time to time I still do. I have been cdiff free for a little over a year now and things seem to be getting a little better but, still have very bad days. Have you been tested to see if you still have cdiff? If you are concerned talk to your Dr but, in the mean time try and stay calm because stress will only make you worse.

Good Luck!
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Thanks Heather!

Postby TheVike » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:22 pm

The x rays I had wed showed no back up I E constipation I guess it is just my insides trying to heal! I am able to pass stool and relatively solid but not ie i did before I had the beast...and yes i do believe stressssing NOW has alot to do with it we all know that too much stress can cause ulcers etc... I am just trying to sray NON paranoid about cleaning hands etc...

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”