C. diff - hygiene - healthy people . . .

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
MaryT
Regular Contributor

Postby MaryT » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:13 pm

I did not get sick with cdiff from taking an antibiotic. I hadn't taken an antibiotic for about 6 years when I got sick. I was told by a nurse i probably 'touched the wrong door knob', 'used the wrong restroom', etc. In other words, no way to know why I got sick with it other than I somehow ingested enough to be too much for my own good bacteria and make me sick. When I was originally sick I wouldn't let my daughter use my bathroom. However, I never separated out clothes, used bleache on them, etc. Now I just make sure I wash the hands, all the time, keep the bathroom clean, etc. I am mildly paranoid, but not in my own home, outside. When I leave a mall, restaurant, etc. I use wet ones to wash my hands off in the car. I just try to be careful keep a clean bathroom, wash my hands, and try to keep my hands away from my face...as I've always had a bad habit of resting my face on my hands. I certainly could be paranoid in that I'm proof you can get it without taking antibiotics, but I refuse to live like that.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”