Lexipro...

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Lexipro...

Postby TheVike » Sat May 26, 2007 10:14 am

as a tretament fro the anxiety associated wih C Diff... Cnay anyone tell me anything about this drug and how it helps C Diff suferers? I have been on it for three weeks and it seems to just make me MORE awful feeling nevers nausea and NOW dry mouth! He gave it to try and get me offf of the Zanx I have been taking for the associated anxiety with C Diff! HELP, please?

cryingsilly
Contributor

Postby cryingsilly » Sat May 26, 2007 11:08 am

I dont think that lexipro is used for treating anxiety associated with c diff specificly, it is just used sometimes to treat anxiety of all sorts.

There are side effects that usually will go away the first month or so of treatment. They are different in everyone.

my sister takes lexipro and when she begins taking it, it does cause her very strong nausea and tiredness. This side effect eventually goes away for her.

One word about antidepressants, talk to your doctor before stopping them. Sometimes they will put you on a titrated dosage, so that you wont feel withdrawl symptoms when you stop.

If you suffer severe anxiety though, you might think about sticking it out. Either that or talk to your physician about changing the type of antidepressant. Sometimes just changing from say.. Lexipro to Zoloft will be benificial for someone. Everyone is different and tolerate the medicines differently.

Hope that helps.

Darlene

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Sun May 27, 2007 5:06 pm

I was given Lexapro at the beginning of my C-diff journey. It sent me to the ER w/severe nausea and I had to stop taking it. After that I just tried to learn to be a bit more calm and found great support and friends here on the site and did not need meds. If you are still having anxiety/depression issues over C-diff I suggest talking to your Dr. There are other antidepressants you could try which may be a better choice for you.You could even seek out a therapist if need be. They can be very helpful. I am on a very low dose anti - depressant right now for IBS stomach pain and I have no issues with it other than a dry mouth.

pam2738
Regular Contributor

Postby pam2738 » Sun May 27, 2007 8:46 pm

I've been taking Lexapro for about 2 years due to the disintegartion of my daughter's marriage, the ensuing nastiness, & my being so close to her, both geographically & emotionally. Dry mouth is a common side effect of anti-depressants so maybe my occasional dry mouth is due to that, I don't know. I have continued with the Lexapro during my 8 months with Cdiff & there hasn't been any nausea.

I also take Xanax for immediate anxiety & I think that helps Cdiffers a great deal.

Pam

whitepine
Regular Contributor

xanax

Postby whitepine » Sun May 27, 2007 8:55 pm

I don't know what I would do without xanax for the cramps, pain, and anxiety attacks the c.diff brings on. I would stick with it if its working for you. I know some doctors say its addictive but I have been taking it off and on for 5 years and can go 2 months without it, I just use it whenever I need it, and keep some in the car for emergencies. It helps the cramps, and no other drug can do that for me.

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Pam....

Postby TheVike » Tue May 29, 2007 10:38 am

u r correct! I used to only take one maybe EVERY two weeks or better for sleeping but now whoa! The yellow of my eyes and the nausea dizzinessand weakness is what I am suffering with NOW! Again the docs said i have no indications (Jaunidice, etc...) of whathas been suggested apparently? All my blloood and urine tests have comeback normal. I reseacrhed these conditions and does not seem applicable at al1. I am basically just suffering from weakness, nausea anxiety, and bloated stomach with sounds.... My last blood and urine test was all ok.. Do you think it is COMPLETELY nerves? The ONE and ONLY thing that makes life half bearable is a .5 Zanax....? My diet and eating habits have changed so drastically as well! All may just be adjustments from being so sick with this horrible bug? Thank you for your kind words. I am taking and eating one DanActive yogurt and the Immunity drink? If anythin CONSTIPAtion is the norm for I am eating so much fruti as well...Wmelon, Prunes, Apples, Bananas,this is it! Good or not..Along with every other day a Centrum Silver. Hqave stopped Nexium and Pravacid and last year of Prilosic OTC down to one eavery two days as my heartburn is not having the effects it had before i had C Diff. Please advise. ANyone ever heard of TRavelan and or COlonix for hellllllp???

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”