PI-IBS? nausea

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
TheVike
Long Time Contributor

help too...

Postby TheVike » Wed May 30, 2007 12:47 pm

Whitepine and christina i am at wits end seeing the doc again i n an hour after over two months NOW I cannot go to the restromm and litterally cannot put anythig in my stomach even liquids hurt w o feeling pain bloating and as if I have to throw up the zanax helps but I need to take a bowel movement my body is telling me I presume. Over the last two weeks nothing but fruits clear liquids juices and probiotics have I overdone it? bowel movements and stomach no where close to being back to normal the way before assume I lll have to live with this the rest of my life? God I pray not... VEry worreid about oher potential issues reading too much gallstones pancreas liver etc..... I only had supposedly CDiff once diagnosed and treated with Flagyl one round seemed to work but i THIK THE INFECTION HAS REALLY RUINED MY GUT??? SHould hav never went off my PPI s too i guess when i do take them they do not work the way they used too!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed May 30, 2007 12:48 pm

whitepine & others,
Have had IBS since my first bout of C. diff. (l994-l997) & then again in l999. Developed acid reflux (hiatal hernia) over 4 yrs. ago & am on a PPI. One at a time they are miserable; together they are horrible. It is often difficult to tell difference between C. diff. & IBS -- thus I "made up" the 3 day rule. Remember, it's not medical -- just a "tool."

I've tried different diet modificiations & gave up. I do "everything in moderation & nothing to excess." I use a heating pad & Xanax when I am really miserable. Just had a script for Bentyl filled but haven't used it yet. Just got back from a trip & ate everything -- including drinking wine. No problems!

For me the best method has been to ignore when I feel good & stay home with with the heating pad & a good book for a couple of hours when I don't. I also exercise a lot -- supposed to help your digestion.

Yes, lots of us are in "the same boat." Thx. again C. difficile

whitepine
Regular Contributor

Pi-IBS

Postby whitepine » Wed May 30, 2007 10:59 pm

Wow, there certainly are a lot of us suffering from the after effects of clostridium difficile. This PI-IBS is very hard to live with thats for sure. It would be nice to have a cramp free, non-nauseated day, with a normal bowel movement and no pain afterwards. I hope someday we will all get there.

Christina makes a good point about the TCA antidepressants. they have been shown to help the nerve pain and relax the GI muscles. When I tried Elavil, it helped my pain tremendously, and I had 3 days pain free, and a great side effect was constipation. Unfortunately, it gave me horrible nausea and I had to stop taking it. I am going to try Imipramine next, and see if it is a specific drug, hopefully not the entire class of TCA's that cause the nausea, for me.

Does anyone know about using medical marijuana for this? I know it is supposed to help nausea and nerve pain right? Isn't this the exact sort of thing that this may help? PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting.
....................................................................................
We all have to hang in there.
And now a poem for you all...

"When things go wrong as they sometimes will;
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill;
When the funds are low, and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but have to sigh;
When care is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but do not quit.

Success is failure turned inside out;
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt;
And you can never tell how close you are
It may be near when it seems so far;